...A case of failed justice.
• An unscrupulous prosecutor fabricated his case against Abu Ali and deceived the court and the jury.
• An unprepared, conflicted defense lawyer neither defended Abu Ali nor rebutted the prosecution's false version of the facts.
• A childhood filled with torture and abuse led to Abu Ali's documented mental illness.
• The jury never heard the truth about Abu Ali's life, his mental illness, or the circumstances surrounding the offense.
• Eight of the original jurors now say they would not have voted for the death penalty had they been presented with the truth.
• Abu-Ali has never had his day in court.